- 15-Apr-2014: COMEDY: Early Bird has now closed acknowledgement of receipt has been sent to all writers, Please email comedy2014 [at] rocliffe [dot] com if your email has not arrived. Final deadline 19-May-2014.
- 15-Apr-2014: TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE: Learn about the craft of TV Writing with BAFTA-winning writer SALLY WAINWRIGHT who will be joining us at the next BAFTA Rocliffe New Writing Forum on Tuesday 29 April, where the drama scripts of three selected writers will be showcased. Wainwright, whose credits include the BAFTA-winning Last Tango in Halifax, will give the writers feedback and guidance on their work. Click here for TICKETS
- Apr-2014: The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) and Rocliffe today announced a call for scripts from emerging comedy screenwriters for two BAFTA Rocliffe New Comedy Showcase events. The successful writers will showcase their work for some of the biggest names in the UK and US television industry at two major international television festivals: In August the BAFTA Rocliffe New Comedy Showcase returns to the Guardian Edinburgh International Television Festival (GEITF) for a second year; In October it will return to the New York Television Festival (NYTVF) for a fourth consecutive year. We are open for applications. The nightmare is you spend the rest of your life being funny at parties and then people say, 'Why didn't you do that when you were on television?' Conan O'Brien
- Apr-2014: Listen to Rocliffe Founder FARAH ABUSHWESHA will be taking part in a discussion about female characters and the selection process on BBC Woman's Hour
- Apr-2014: Our blog is becoming a book. Kamera Books are publishing this manual for screenwriters and filmmakers in the form of notes. It provides a step-by-step, common sense guide, with suggestions on how writers can best present themselves to the industry. This book does not explain how to write a screenplay. Instead, it provides insider confidences, from established industry players to peers, on how to have a professional approach to writing Click here for DETAILS
- Apr-2014: RocDeServ - Rocliffe's new development, script reading and report service tailored to give affordable, writer-friendly, constructive feedback about their work. We offer a number of development reports for different stages of the development process. For more info...
New Writing Forum: Why Submit? Why Ever Not?
This phenomenally successful event has been running for over 13 years; and has opened the industry door for dozens of writers to get agents
and been a career starter for many others in the film and TV industries. Sometimes it's just the confidence you need to continue.
Click here for more on how to apply.