- 10-Sep-2014: Rocliffe, in partnership with BAFTA, thank everyone who submitted to the CALL FOR CHILDREN'S scripts. Here are the finalists for the BAFTA Rocliffe New Writing Forum focused on children's film/TV.READ THE FULL PRESS RELEASE
- 02-Sep-2014: CALL FOR FILM SCRIPTS LAUNCHED. Following feedback from the industry this year we are asking all writers to submit an extract which includes a scene with at least two women, having a plot-significant conversation, about something other than a man or men. READ MORE HERE
- 02-Sep-2014: DOWNLOAD BAFTA GURU's PODCAST, which features our 2014 six comedy writers pitching sitcoms at Edinburgh TV festival: CLICK HERE
- 30-Jun-2014: The winning entries for Screen Writing for Children Entries will be judged by Rosie Alison (Head of Development, Heyday Films) | Zoe Bamsey (Director of Development and Production, Coolabi) | Helen Blakeman (Writer and member of BAFTA Children’s Committee) | Ben Bocquelet (Series Creator, The Amazing World of Gumball) | Sheena Bucktowonsing (Development Producer, Kindle Entertainment) | Michael Carrington (Vice President of Global Content and Executive Producer, HIT Entertainment) | Sarah Courtauld (Writer and past winner of the BAFTA Rocliffe New Writing Forum) | Rebecca Hodgson (Head of Drama, Lime Pictures) | Jamila Metran (Programme Manager, CiTV) | Sarah Muller (Head of Drama Development and Acquisitions, CBBC) | Georgina Ruffhead (David Higham Associates) | Adam Shaw (Joint MD, Blue Zoo Animation) | Jessica Symons (Commissioning Editor, Children’s, Five – Milkshake!) | Jonathan Wolfman (Producer/Script Associate, CBBC) and chaired by Farah Abushwesha.
- 25-Jun-2014: Status Updates for our Comedy Call have been sent to ALL writers. Huge thank you to all who entered. So much talent out there but only five projects can be chosen. Winners will be announced later this summer. Email us if you have yet to receive notification of your status. Reports to follow.
- 16-May-2014: COMEDY: The Jurors for the BAFTA Rocliffe Comedy Showcase have been announced. The outstanding line-up includes industry professionals: Richard Boden. Kevin Cecil. Jim Field Smith. Margot Gevan Duffy. Jamie Jay Johnson. Simon Mayhew-Archer. Fiona McDermott. Andrew Newman. Jill Offman. David Quantick. Saskia Schuster. Chris Sussman.
- Apr-2014: Listen to Rocliffe Founder FARAH ABUSHWESHA will be taking part in a discussion about female characters and the selection process on BBC Woman's Hour
- Apr-2014: Our blog is becoming a book. Kamera Books are publishing this manual for screenwriters and filmmakers in the form of notes. It provides a step-by-step, common sense guide, with suggestions on how writers can best present themselves to the industry. This book does not explain how to write a screenplay. Instead, it provides insider confidences, from established industry players to peers, on how to have a professional approach to writing Click here for DETAILS
- Apr-2014: RocDeServ - Rocliffe's new development, script reading and report service tailored to give affordable, writer-friendly, constructive feedback about their work. We offer a number of development reports for different stages of the development process. For more info...
New Writing Forum: Why Submit? Why Ever Not?
This phenomenally successful event has been running for over 13 years; and has opened the industry door for dozens of writers to get agents
and been a career starter for many others in the film and TV industries. Sometimes it's just the confidence you need to continue.
Click here for more on how to apply.